If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Hawaii.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2010 The Year Of The Tiger




As a new year approaches, the old about to be shed with much pilfer except in infinite amounts and vast quantities that boggles the mind beyond disbelief. 2009 is the year of detrimental economic collapse unravelling and the unfolding of many tremendous lies and deception bestowed upon the people of the United States of America. 2009 will ultimately set the stage for the following year and the year after. All of the turmoil just didn't happen over night or in a year or two, this was a gradual step in the wrong and distrustful direction. The only difference now is that it is all on a steam rolling process and coming to a head. People are still unaware and asleep at the wheel as I write this but that's not my problem, we are all created equal to some degree or another and we can educate ourselves properly or improperly the choice is ours and ours alone. With this in mind preparedness has never been more prevalent than it is today among survivalists, preppers, homesteaders and on the horizon newcomers.


With much hope and faith 2010 will bring even more challenges and changes ahead of us all, and this coming new year may present even greater obstacles to overcome. I say these things because of the track record each year has delivered in unforgettable trials and tribulations and with each year rolling by nothing evidently has ever gotten better, like they say with time. The time we live in is much different than before, I can feel and sense a great urgency, an even greater urgency to prepare at all levels and all angles and in all areas of our lives. The need to prepare mentally, spiritually, physically and emotionally and yes let's not forget financially. I feel as though we are running out of time, precious time that is whipping by, maybe some of you can sense some of these odd feelings but I'll tell you one thing it sure ain't a good feeling.

According to the Chinese Zodiac, the year of 2010 is the Year of the Tiger, February 14th begins the year of the tiger on the Chinese calendar. The tiger is the third sign in the Chinese Zodiac cycle, and it is a sign of bravery. This courageous and fiery fighter is admired by the ancient Chinese as the sign that keeps away the three main tragedies of a household. These are fire, thieves and ghosts. Tigers are also self-reliant.


These are only a few of the characteristics of the Tiger year attributes, and I am sure a lot of people can identify with these qualities on a preparedness level. Being part Chinese I am aware of the twelve signs and what each brings to their respective years past, present and future.


I am the Year of the Rabbit which will be in 2011. As I continue to prepare my efforts will be magnified more so this coming new year than ever, expecting the unexpected and hoping for the best. I have finally gotten a food dehydrator and have been processing dried fruits but I have been eating most of them because they turned out so well. My garden of fruits and vegetables have been coming along quite well too. My food storage continues to grow and my pet storage is growing as well making sure I have all items that are needed for my pets in all areas of their lives. Currently, I am bracing for soaring food prices and food shortages that are expected to arrive sometime within 2010. I have spoken to a few key family members of this important issue, hopefully they will listen and take heed to prepare more so than ever now especially if they have not done so at my request time and time again.

I see all the prepper networks as Tigers and this coming year is no different than any other, just for one exception, we will be in great demand. As I continue to prepare in leaps and bounds my hopes and prayers are with you all in the efforts of preparedness. I would also like to wish each and everyone of you a happy and prosperous new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post and insight. Thanks for the encourgament for the coming year. I hope people will start listening and taking us seriously also.

Feather not dot

Aloha2U said...

Only time will tell my friend, time that none of us really have. Thanks for stopping by.

Hawaii Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Hawaii Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.