If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Hawaii.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Monday, November 16, 2009

Planting Pineapples


I never thought That I would ever be planting Pineapples in my garden. But, I figured I'd give this fruit a try, besides the climate here is perfect for this particular fruit. Since my mother grew one in her yard, I thought maybe I'll grow a few of them. Pineapples are grown all over the world depending on climate and weather. I believe warmer conditions are much better for the growth of these fruits.

What I did was gather quite a few of the crowns from each pineapple and from there I peeled off from the very bottom the leaves up to about an inch and a half to two inches. I placed each one in water for about a week and a half to let the roots grow out and then from there I placed them in the ground, I also put grass clippings around each one.

They are growing well, but the only thing here is that I will have to wait about 1-2 years for the fruit to finally come out. I really don't mind waiting just to see what they will all turn out like, besides by the time they do come out I can give them away as Christmas gifts for next year.

As the fruit begins to peep out I will update this post and let you all know how my pineapple plants are growing.

No comments:

Hawaii Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Hawaii Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.